[patch] Fix network monitor colors and stacking

Sergey sergemp at mail.ru
Wed May 19 03:53:16 CEST 2010

On May 18, 2010, Michel Lafon-Puyo wrote:

> I think the plotters should use the Plasma::Theme colors by default but could
> it be a configuration option too?

  From user's point of view if I looked for colors settings I would
look in applet settings, not in a theme.

> In fact, a lot of configuration stuff is duplicated among the various applets
> (hdd, net, cpu...). This should be implemented as part as the base class
> (SM::Applet). The color of the lines could be one of the configuration items.

  The network applet is unique among them because it uses graph with
two lines. I mean when you look at one line it does not matter which
color it is (well, people usually like when things are configurable,
but it's not _that_ important). But when there're two different lines
without proper colors it's hard to guess what's currently shown there.

  Also in case of network load red and green colors are widely spread
and different color may confuse people. At least it confuses me. :)

> I'm sorry if I have hijacked this thread.

  As for me any suggestions are welcome.

--
  Sergey