Shared OSD Service for KDE

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Mon May 10 18:50:24 CEST 2010

Am Montag 10 Mai 2010, 14:43:29 schrieb Colin Guthrie:

> So, personally, I think the "wasted space" argument isn't really overly
> important in this context - use transparency and make sure it disappears
> quickly and how big it is isn't massively important. In fact you could
> say that the primary focus of an OSD is to give feedback. If it's too
> small you wont notice it :D

OK, then let me rephrase it:
The useless parts are wasting space. If anything has to be big, then the part
of the OSD widgetthat displays the actually important part (=the progress
bar).
But maybe this can be part of the future KCM. Plasma-Mediacenter which will
potentially be used on a TV and seen from a sofa, obviously needs bigger
widgets than a desktop PC.

@Ozan:
Do you already work on a KCM? I'd like to provide a few mockups, because I
already have some ideas in mind for the Notifications KCM (some are floating
in my mind for some time which are related to notifications in general, not
OSDs specifically, but I can incorporate the OSD parts in my mockups).