PMC use case

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:59:54 CEST 2010

Hello,
    Whoa, just been off for few hours and so much discussion! Too bad
I arrived late :P

Christohpe, as Marco said, we will be having the Browser display the
list of plugins (and hence modes) anyway, so we can maximize it to the
whole screen and kind of use it as the Home applet. But yes, if you've
some more things that can be there in the Home applet, please share
the ideas.

Sebas, I don't get how we should target mainly TVs instead of
notebooks? TVs will be just an output device as far as I know (unless
there is a TV which runs KDE SC) so the actual stuff (application)
will anyway be running on a notebook/netbook/PC. If I'm not
understanding what you meant, it'd be nice if you can explain a bit :)

Thanks,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Christophe Olinger wrote:
>> >
>> > i fear this is just useless code duplication, really.
>> > for this fullscreen menu you need exactly the same functionality of the
>> > browser.
>>
>> Wouldn't it just be different startup models?
>>

>> (see ugly mockup here: general home applet at the bottom)
>>
>> http://imagebin.ca/view/uEvKL2.html
>
> ah, ok, yes, different models was what i was thinking.
> what i was dubious was to write a totally different applet for that, that may
> be unnecessary.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)