PMC use case

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 14:25:03 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Christophe Olinger wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I think it will be really difficult to have the UI scale from 50"
> screens right down to 5" screens. At the moment we use a top panel for
> playback control (and mode switching) and will use a bottom panel for

i don't think the mode switching should ultimately be there, the modes should
be shown as mammoth icons in a main menu in the browser itself, that would be
a kind of "root folder" for it.

> displaying information about media. The bottom panel might be reusable
> for a big screen UI, but the playback control migth have to be
> transformed into something else. Anyway, the way Alessandro designed

as long as it scales big enough to be readable it will be perfectly fine.
on a tv that thing will be purely informational since you won't click that
buttons, because you would have play,stop, fast forward etc directly into the
remote

> the basic libs behind mediacenter should make it easy to have a second
> UI widget for playback control that could replace the top panel in a
> big screen scenario. I am not even sure that we have to do this. Maybe
> the whole UI does scale up and down nicely. As soon as I get my patch
> in, we can test this.

yes it should, if there is some element that does it's wrong and it has simply
to be discarded

--
Marco Martin