Phonon::VideoWidget embedded inside a QGraphicsProxyWidget

Andreas Marschke xxtjaxx at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 06:06:35 CET 2010

Am Freitag 26 März 2010 20:48:35 schrieb Emdek:
> On 26-03-2010 at 19:03:57 Alessandro Diaferia <alediaferia at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > As you currently may be aware of, embedding a Phonon::VideoWidget inside
> > QGraphicsProxyWidget causes the video appealing awfully while playing.
> > I've
> > been bouncing here and there on IRC talking with Lucas Murray from KWin
> > and
> > Mark Kretschmann from Phonon.
>
> Someone tried this class from Qt 4.7?
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qgraphicsvideoitem.html
>
> Maybe this will be best solution (when 4.7 will be released)?

This seems to be for QtMultimedia framework that is now shipped with Qt since
4.6(?). But this here is more for the phonon side of things thus maybe not
usable in conjunction right?

Besides I would be really interested how we could use this in a general
application as well. MythTV for instance uses Qt aswell but ignores phonon
completely though. I lately had a look at the phonon directory of kde-qt and
there was a TODO item for translucent overlays for videowidget. I cant really
say that somethinghappened for this though. Might it be possible to not
fragment efforts too much across different ways of implementing this type of
widget and instead try to fix Phonon::VideoWidget?

Just my 2 cents

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke.