4.5 - Activities

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 19:58:13 CET 2010

Updates:
 - all manager signals converted into listener objects
 - consumer signals left as is (they are not invoked that often, and are
   something most applications should respond to eventually)
 - changed d-bus API to fit the style of other KDE services
 - added test shell script for nepomuk service
 - added test implementation of a manager application
 - added location resource type
 - changed a LOT of API
 - started cursing dbus :)

I need to do some more testing, but this should work well enough (TM)
for other parts (UI) to be developed.

I've still retained the kded service <-> nepomuk service organization
for the before mentioned reasons, including another (IMO) important
one:
 - the present packaging of nepomuk is easily breakable (I don't want
to say that Nepomuk itself is not stable, but that installations of it
are :) ) and while, for example, Akonadi can show a message like "blah
blah not available, akonadi-based apps are not usable", we
(Plasma/KWin) don't have that luxury.

After the time comes when we can rely on nepomuk 24/7, we can remove
the caching kded service since all of this is hidden behind the API.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
The bleeding hearts and artists,