Using DBusMenu in KStatusNotifierItem

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 00:27:20 CET 2010

On March 25, 2010, Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> Should I provide through the data engine, the description of the menu and a
> service to trigger the actions  (this solution would be more complicated) ?

is it even possible to put the data in the engine? iirc, the menu can be
populated on demand when it is requested (similar to QMenu::aboutToShow()),
which would mean that this should also go through the service.

so i'd suggest just extending StatusNotifierItemService and see how that goes.

either way, merging it with the tasks widget entries (which would be really
nice) should be possible

humru othro a kohnu se