Review Request: [Picture Frame] Update function for url's and configuration of download path

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 22:46:51 CET 2010

On March 23, 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 18:50:31 Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > and the picture
> > should always be overwritten (the frame plasmoid is not a downloader; see
> > comments below for more on this).
>
> Currently, we prepend a number, so it doesn't overwrite. The idea of not
> using a temporary directory is that it won't automatically re-download the
> picture if it's deleted (as can happen with temporary directories), so the
> picture will be lost.

that's precisely why it should be put into a cache dir, though. the cache
folders are a place to cache things until the user (or sysadmin, or whatever)
says "free disk space that was used for caching. it's not the same as tmp
space.

> > the "update picture every" option doesn't follow the same UI style as
> > seen on e.g. the slideshow configuration. it should probably be
> > something like
> >
> > Autoupdate: [  01 hours 00 Mins ]
> >
> > with a specialValueText of "Never" so when it is set to 0 hours and 0
> > mins, it shows (and means) "Never"
>
> Pointing to a remote location would of course be necessary to
> auto-re-download pictures, though it would be unfortunate to have the
> image vanish if you're offline. It needs to be cached in *some* way at
> least...

autoupdating is different from caching: it means invalidating the cached
version.

humru othro a kohnu se