Review Request: [Picture Frame] Update function for url's and configuration of download path

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 19:56:46 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 18:50:31 Aaron Seigo wrote:
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3334/#review4627
>
> personally, i don't see the need for a url configuration page at all. the
> download path should be the from desktop-wide coniguration

That's what it does right now
QString path = KGlobalSettings::downloadPath() + m_currentUrl.fileName();

> and the picture
> should always be overwritten (the frame plasmoid is not a downloader; see
> comments below for more on this).

Currently, we prepend a number, so it doesn't overwrite. The idea of not using a
temporary directory is that it won't automatically re-download the picture if it's
deleted (as can happen with temporary directories), so the picture will be lost.

One side-effect is that you can essentially use Plasma to download pictures into your
~/Downloads/ (or whatever you've set up).

> the "update picture every" option doesn't follow the same UI style as seen
> on e.g. the slideshow configuration. it should probably be something like
>
> Autoupdate: [  01 hours 00 Mins ]
>
> with a specialValueText of "Never" so when it is set to 0 hours and 0 mins,
> it shows (and means) "Never"

Pointing to a remote location would of course be necessary to auto-re-download
pictures, though it would be unfortunate to have the image vanish if you're offline.
It needs to be cached in *some* way at least...

[...]
--
sebas