KDE's Plasma: How not to do lists...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 22:56:25 CET 2010

On March 19, 2010, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> I have several other issues(rather small, but sometimes also annoying and
> embarassing, like the mail notifications popping up when you are doing a
> full screeen presentation with acroread in front of 180 actuaries...), so

this is not new to plasma, of course. i have some funny and embarassing
stories of my own around this exact issues from kde3 days involving some
*ahem* "cute" comments made by a girl friend of mine over IM while my laptop
was connected to a projector in the front of a large conference audience.
woops.

as a result, there's now a class in kdelibs called KNotificationRestrictions
and apps really ought to be using it.

i also ought to revisit the KNotification and org.freedesktop.PowerManagement
integration (or lack thereof :) aspects of it as well .. it hasn't seen any
love since 4.0 :(

humru othro a kohnu se