KDE's Plasma: How not to do lists...

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Fri Mar 19 21:52:57 CET 2010

vpnc (http://www.zid.tuwien.ac.at/kom/tunet/vpn/vpnc/, the WLANIPSEC case)

> You can find the network management Plasmoid that has this in
> kdereview/networkmanagement.

Sorry, but I really don't have the time to compile anything myself in the next
few weeks.

> If you want to use the plasmoid (not
> knetworkmanager), make sure the kded module for it is loaded. (I've
> explained on my blog how to do that.)

Hm, in your blog you don't add any screenshot, so I can only guess: The
plasmoid is supposed to live on the desktop (or taking up a huge amount of
space in the panel), right? Well, in my case, I don't have a look at the
desktop 99.9999999% of the time (the remaining 0.0000001% were when Aaron told
me back in 4.1 days that to change the design of the panel I had to click on
the desktop and configure that... This has thankfully changed since. And the
other times are when I delete files downloaded by firefox.

Anything that forces me to hide all the many windows that are open is an
annoyance to me as a user.

Cheers,
Reinhold