Detecting when PopupApplet is iconified

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 19:01:47 CET 2010

On March 19, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> -closed popupapplet

note that this use case overlaps with containment without screen(), separate
dashboard, etc.

> -containment without screen()

imho that's a case where the shell should simply choose what to stash and what
to show.

e.g. in the netbook case i don't want to have to wait for the widgets on page
2 to go through their data loading. i -want- them always updating. that's -
why- i have them there. putting them on separate pages (and therefore not
having a screen()) is a matter of the screen size not whether or not they
should be updating.

plasma-desktop is completely different in this way.

> -separate dashboard (even worse, that is a containment that is never
> assciated to a screen, but someties shown)

i'm not sure about this one; if we view it as a "quick reference" then they do
need to be updating regularly.

conceptually it's no different than an autohiding panel.

humru othro a kohnu se