Review Request: Load webslice params from desktop file

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 16:51:04 CET 2010

On March 18, 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> It would look like this in the .desktop file then:
>
> X-Plasma-Args=http://www.kde.org,#myselector
>
> We can pass in those arguments at applet creation and make sure the
> WebSlice applet does "something" with it.
>
> The mechanism ties in nicely with the system (specifying configurable stuff
> through the commandline args), it's generic (so can be reused for different
> applets) and is easy to implement (even easier than "beyond simple" I'd say

this would work for the exact use cas at hand.

it doesn't address similar issues such as:

* "how can i ship custom data with my c++ plasmoid in a way that's easy to get
at" (having a package would solve that)

* "what does a package that customizes a plasmoid like this look like?" (it's
not really a plasma/applet, is it? imagine if we had 900 comic strip plasmoids
showing up ;)

humru othro a kohnu se