exporting/importing config keys? plus: Mandelbrot news

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 07:24:30 CET 2010

2010/3/15 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On March 13, 2010, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>     contextualActions().append(&m_exportImageAction);
>>     contextualActions().append(&m_exportConfigAction);
>>     contextualActions().append(&m_importConfigAction);
>
> the append() is being called on a copy of the collection. as soon as you
> change the return value from contextualActions(), the internal data structure
> detatches from the original, shared one and copies the values over. so this
> obviously has no effect.

Yes, saw that, that's fixed now :) You have a shiny improved
Mandelbrot wallpaper in trunk now.

Just for the record and so I don't look like a complete C++ newbie,
the reason why I made that wrong assumption is I'm developing a C++
library (Eigen) where we have methods returning "proxy objects" such
that operating on their return values affects the original object. I
just... need to get back to earth more often and realize that only a
small minority of C++ APIs work like that :)

Benoit