Review Request: merging screen edges settings.

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:22:35 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM,  <wspeir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to give a bit of perspective -- I have seen this type of behavior on
> other platforms before. It's been around for several years so it's not
> completely out of the blue.
>
> Of course, I can't remember the specifics. It seems to me that it may have
> been an add-on behavior to Windows or the Amiga.
>
> When I saw the mouse position event configuration options it was no surprise
> to me -- I understood immediately what they were and thought that it was
> very cool that KDE4 had them. Of course, I'm a geek not a regular user.
>
> If you don't have the 'prevent screen locking option' on by default then
> it's not much of a security issue, IMO.
>
> -- Wayne

I would have to agree, this is a useful advanced tool available on
other systems and should be kept.  It would be nice if every
application did a perfect job of telling the computer when it should
and should not go into screensaver mode, but unfortunately not all of
them do reliably.  Therefore, having a way for people to prevent the
screensaver from activating is a worthwhile tool in my opinion,
although not by default of course.

-Todd