Manual Hiding of Plasma Panel (desktop shell)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:43:49 CET 2010

On Sunday 07 March 2010, Andrzej JR Hunt wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2010 18:52:52 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i don't think this will work very well because we will want the button to
> > overlap with the View of the containment (for visual reasons). layouts
> > prevent that kind of overlapping (that's mostly the point of them :) and
> > the position calculations in this case are not hard to do.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm understanding you corectly: are you suggesting that the
> buttons are drawn partly outside the area where the panel (i.e.
> containment) is drawn (in other words making the panel containment smaller
> than the view), and then drawing the additional background to make this

there is the misunderstanding: right now the panel window -is- a view: it's
not something set on stone: the view itself can be layouted in the form
button-view-button, or more probably, the anel still being a view but with its
viewport shrinked to make room for the buttons

> fit in? The one problem I can see there though are that I have to disable
> the rounded corners of the panel (I'll have a look to see how they are
> currently determined / set.). (The layout shouldn't make much of a
> difference in this method though, since at the moment it does exactly what
> my positioning calculations were doing.)

you don't have to disable them, just paint -over- them, on compositing but
replacing wat that was already painted

Cheers,
Marco Martin