Manual Hiding of Plasma Panel (desktop shell)

Andrzej JR Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Sun Mar 7 14:33:47 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 March 2010 18:52:52 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i don't think this will work very well because we will want the button to
> overlap with the View of the containment (for visual reasons). layouts
> prevent that kind of overlapping (that's mostly the point of them :) and
> the position calculations in this case are not hard to do.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you corectly: are you suggesting that the
buttons are drawn partly outside the area where the panel (i.e. containment)
is drawn (in other words making the panel containment smaller than the view),
and then drawing the additional background to make this fit in? The one
problem I can see there though are that I have to disable the rounded corners
of the panel (I'll have a look to see how they are currently determined /
set.). (The layout shouldn't make much of a difference in this method though,
since at the moment it does exactly what my positioning calculations were
doing.)
--
Andrzej JR Hunt -- andrzej (at) ahunt.org