keyboard shortcut

Diego Moya turingt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 12:34:06 CET 2010

I personally set up Win+Space as the shorcut for the application launcher in
all the windowing environments I use. It has nearly the same convenience as
Alt+Space, and I've found that the Super-Meta-Win key is less overloaded
with key combos than Alt - so I can use it without running into any
conflicting usage in other applications.

The Win key is also associated with launching apps in That Other environment
(where it opens the main application menu with the matching icon), so most
users will already associate this key with the functionality provided by
Klauncher.

The mentioned Wikipedia article says Win+Space is be used for Maximize
vertically, but it's not working in my default Kubuntu installation
(actually, neither Win nor Win+Space are tied to any function by default, is
that an Ubuntu-only thing?)

Martin Gräßlin wrote:
>As an old Katapult user I personally would love to have alt+space as the
>shortcut for KRunner, but I don't think it's a good idea to change a
shortcut
>probably known to all KDE users.

I  also previously used alt+space but was bitten by the conflicting bindings
in other applications. I then discovered that I could made the switch to
Win+Space easily.