4.5 polishment: system tray

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Mar 7 04:08:23 CET 2010

On March 6, 2010, nuno pinheiro wrote:
> btw could we try to include this work in a possible (cashew,krruner,
> specific device systemtry integration? )

it's possible, yes. i want to first work on the always-visible-krunner option
and then we can take this as the next step. there's a bunch of mildly finicky
code that needs to get reworked for that first step.

> > -there are still some bugs in the statusnotifier protocol, like
> > attentionicon blinking unreliable sometimes
> > -statusnotifier in org.freedesktop by 4.5? (ok this one is difficult :p)
> > -anything else?
> >
> > notifications:
> > -still some glitches to look after like the count in the icon wrong
> > sometimes -maybe a new look for the"i"  icon
>
> (would be easy to do if we separate the system try in to 2 parts)

the system tray is already completely modular; all pieces can already be
separated. so that's the good news.

humru othro a kohnu se