On Plasmate's previewer

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 19:32:01 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> still, it can happen. what i'd suggest for now is not showing the preview
>> by
>> default and leaving that up to the developer to start by pressing the
>> preview
>> button.
>
> That'll be kinda bleahh though. I think a user would always always want the
> previewer to be present, except in that one rare situation I brought up, and
> its kind of a hassle imo to have an extra click to activate the previewer
> before starting to work all the time. Might it make sense to instead add a
> 'load project without previewer' option in the project manager dialog?
>
> Speaking of extra clicks during start up, I think we should scrap the
> 'select a file to edit' thing and instantly open the main script file when a
> project is loaded. Think I'll go add that to the (growing) fit and finish
> list..
>
>> Also, if someone has a log of the meeting, or can reply back with the
>> points discussed after the netsplit happened yesterday, please reply
>> to this mail with it.
>
> I'll just paste in the whole meeting log :) See attached.

Thanks, too bad I got disconnected. These freenode netsplits happen at
the wrong time :(

1. Oh and about the note taking thing, isn't using a NOTES file better
than a notes plasmoid ?
2. +1 from me too for auto opening the main script file.
3. I've added the auto completion for the editor to the todo list.
Will be working to implement this.

Cheers,

> ----
> Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe