Manual Hiding of Plasma Panel (desktop shell)

Diego Moya turingt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:36:25 CET 2010

On 5 March 2010 12:12, Diego Moya wrote:

> I liked the idea someone proposed to create those buttons as plasmoids so
> that each user can decide where to place them (either inside the panel or on
> the desktop).

Oh - I forgot: another really good option is having the "hide" button
showing only under the cashew.

This way it doesn't waste screen space so it could be always available (no
configuration option needed), doesn't interfere with the panel contents, and
is integrated with all the other panel configuration features instead of
being just another new inconsistent way to handle the panel. The icon for
the closed panel could be the cashew as well. The only drawback is that it
will need two clicks to hide instead of one.