Help me use "plasma activities". Or at least understand.

Luiz Felipe Talvik talvik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:48:32 CET 2010

Hey,

I'm having trouble putting plasma's activities to use or even grasping
its concept. I'm writing this email because I'm found out I'm not the
only one(http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/12068_3867956_1/KDE-and-GNOME-Seven-Irritations-in-Each.htm).
I tried asking about it a year
ago(http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18564), but I've got no
proper answers.

I read a lot about plasma on the mailing list and blogs, I'm a
advanced user, I've used all kde4 versions. And yet I can't use or
even understand plasma activities. I don't know any kde user that
effectively uses activities.

Are there any screen cast showing real usage of plasma activities(not
just features)?
Is the current concept already written in stone or is it changing?
Plasma activities / Virtual desktop == Plasmoid organizer / Windows organizer ?

regards,
Talvik

ps: I know activities can be tied to virtual desktops. But I want to
how it is used with the default kde config.