Quicklaunch: Migrating storage to kio bookmarks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 17:14:33 CEST 2010

On June 28, 2010, Ingomar Wesp wrote:
> One of the things I'd like to work on for the 4.6 version of the
> quicklaunch applet is getting rid of the "more icons" popup in favor a
> more modular concept like folders.

hm... and how will this deal with not having enough room to show all the
items? how does the user set up such folders? while you may have a very
elegant solution for it all, my first reaction is to be concerned that this
will decrease the general simplicity and elegance of this widget in terms of
usage. but i'm prepared to be stunned and converted to the new idea :)

and yes, anything in kdelibs is fine as a dep. just remember that settings
would need to be transfered, if any.

> - Since I already made some progress and trunk is unfrozen, is it ok to
>   check in in the half-finished and still broken version or should I work
> in private (maybe setting up a personal VCS) and commit only after the
> applet is in a usable state again?

you can create a branch in svn and commit there.

humru othro a kohnu se