plasma @ akademy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 21 20:28:32 CEST 2010

On June 21, 2010, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> I think this is a great idea.  I'd definitely attend it, though I'm not
> sure what if any questions I've had.  I consider I tend to sit on both
> sides of the KDE/Plasma fence (not that it's really a fence, but as one
> that has contributed a bit to both sides and doesn't tend to keep up with
> plasma motivations, etc. I feel somewhat like an outsider with a bit of
> inside knowledge).  For me a bunch of plasma still feels like magic as
> I've no clue how to fix itches I have with it (why doesn't the comic
> applet work these days, or why does it think last weeks dilbert has no
> successor for example).  I really don't expect any answers to these in
> here. just pointing out some possible coordination that could possibly
> happen at such a meeting I think.

this sums up ~100% why i would like to see such a panel discussion :)

i've added a section to the wiki page for this now:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Akademy2010#Plasma_Feedback_Round_Table

please be sure to add your name to the attendees list for it if you are
wanting to attend. this will help us know how big of a space to find at
Akademy to host this, which projects / interests will be represented at it and
how much time to budget for.

i'll blog about this all later today as well to spread the word. cheers :)

humru othro a kohnu se