plasma @ akademy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 21 19:59:54 CEST 2010

hi everyone ....

i'm starting to work on coordination for the plasma project's activity at this
year's Akademy. i've started this page on the wiki:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Akademy2010

(linked to from the main Plasma project page under the meetings header, of
course :)

as you can see it has a place to list your name if you are attending Akademy
2010. please add yourself to that list if you are coming and plan on
discussing Plasma. if you are not going to be there for the whole week, please
append the days you will be there to your entry.

there's a topics for discussion section which is where we can advertise the
topics we are each wanting to address while we are there. please add your
personal interests there, but only if you are attending akademy and will be
wanting to broach that topic. in other words, this isn't a place to dump every
possible topic we can think of. :)

and finally, there is a Plasma Frenzy section with 10 slots available for 3-10
minute presentations. these presentations can be quite informal. slides are
optional. it'll be much like our openings for Tokamak where we take turns
noting what's new and of interest in Plasma-land for each other and, since it
is Akademy, others attending who want to keep up with our twists, turns,
blunders and brilliance. ;)

i'm also considering adding a Plasma Feedback Panel, which would be a session
for us to sit around a room with other interested / concerned KDE folk. we
would ask and answer the questions those attending have, and discuss ideas
with those beyond just our own group. the idea would be to help extend /
expand the reach of Plasma across KDE and for KDE contributors to have more
input into what we are doing in a constructive atmosphere. what do you think?

humru othro a kohnu se