[Request] A lib for the system tray

Lucien XU sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Fri Jun 18 23:25:19 CEST 2010

Hello

When trying to code an other dock for KDE, I wanted to unite tasks and
systemtray, that is truly cool on macos. For the task part, I started to use
libtaskmanager, but there is not a lib like this for systray.

Systray uses 3 different protocols (like plasmoids or dbus systemtray), and I
found this difficult to reimplement in my app. If there is an unification lib
that can deal with those protocols, this would be so wonderful.

So, do developers planned to make a lib for systemtray ? If not, can this lib
be realised ?

Thanks so much

Lucien Xu
--