R: Re: R: PMC meeting summary

TRINGALINVENT at libero.it TRINGALINVENT at libero.it
Wed Jun 16 12:04:00 CEST 2010

>Da: aseigo at kde.org
>Data: 15/06/2010 19.21
>A: <plasma-devel at kde.org>
>Ogg: Re: R: PMC meeting summary
>
>On June 13, 2010, TRINGALINVENT at libero.it wrote:
>> Sorry, I was busy and could not join the meeting. Anyway I wanted to
>> propose a little thing:
>> could it be possible to add widgets?
>
>propose for someone else to work on, or propose as something you'd like to
>work on?

I'm trying to work on it but I'm a little busy with exams now... in July I
will seriously try to comprehend
PMC code and work on it.

>> I mean... actually there are three
>> widgets usable
>> (picture, video, music browser) but it could be useful if the user  could
>> choose to add some
>> other plasmoids so in the "welcome menù" he can decide to use them, for
>> example the
>> webbrowser plasmoid.
>
>this would probably be another state altogether, much like the picture and
>video browsers except that it would browse relevant widgets. i'd probably
call
>it "Apps" or somesuch. from the listing of available widgets, the user could
>select one or more to launch (full screen of course :)
Yes, it's a good idea. I think also that, if the project reach a good state,
we could start thinking to release
a version of KDE that uses PMC as main eviroment, so there will be a standard
Kde version, a
netbook remix, and a mediacenter remix.