dreaming...

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:47:35 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Armijn Hemel
> <armijn at loohuis-consulting.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> with funding it should be easy enough, i think.
>>
>> Please note that NLnet Foundation has a cap of EUR 30,000 per project.
>> If you could put ballpark figures on the milestones with a break down
>> how long each milestone would take (milestone 1, so many hours, that
>> many EUR per hour) to make it insightful for NLnet would be great. Don't
>> overdo it though (they don't like proposals that go on and on and on).
>
> I will try to do that, based on Aaron's guestimates. I will use about
> 80 euro per hour. That's a tad low (esp with the low euro now) so let
> me know if that would be completely unacceptable.

Ok, frankly I have no idea how acceptable that is. It's based on a
reasonable rate for hiring an external programmer for a short period
of time here in NL - but it might be cheap (good programmer) or
expensive in other places. It would me about €13.000 per month (making
3 months hard). Anyone know what is realistic? I mean a student would
be far cheaper but frankly I think that's not desirable...