[Feature Request] Autoconfig ext-monitor

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jun 1 12:35:40 CEST 2010

Hi Mohamed,

On Thursday 27 May 2010 15:59:15 Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar wrote:
> I want to propose a feature in KDE.
> I don't know how much time does it need to be implemented.
>
> Auto configure external monitor plugging with the default monitor setting :
> When I plug an external monitor, I should always configure it.
> But these days, using xrandr tool the default monitor resolution is
> always detected by a * and the current one by a + sign.
>
> Please, can you add that feature, so a user can check a config box
> only one time to let the system accept default configuration according
> to default monitor resolution and to mirror screen ?
>
> Doesn't show KDE as an intelligent system ?
> Do you remember this video when a developer from KDE encountered some
> problems configuring his external monitor ?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5GN9MQHMA

The best and preferred way to request features is to file a bug report marked as
WISHLIST on bugs.kde.org. Please do so and make sure the request hasn't been filed
yet. That way, we're less likely to loose track of feature requests.

If you would like to help implementing this feature, please ask for directions here,
and post a possible patch to reviewboard.kde.org.

Thanks,
--
sebas