Nested Panels

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:55:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Aaron Peterson
<myusualnickname at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a general feeling that we cannot nest panels, I am
> hoping that this is not true.
>
> What would it take to make a widget that is a panel?

I would consider looking at the "container" widget, which allows you
to put a widget on the desktop that can in turn store additional
widgets.  I was thinking that a similar widget for which you can set
an arbitrary containment type (desktop, panel, netbook, etc) (or as an
option, inherit the parent containment type) would be good.  This
would allow you, in practice, to make something very much like a
nested panel if I am understanding what you mean correctly.  You can
nest this widget, which allows you to make arbitrary panels layouts
with any number of rows and/or columns.

-Todd