Review Request: Fixing painting of systemtray

2Kmm 2Kmm at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 10:48:32 CEST 2010

On Thursday 15 July 2010 10:26:14 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 15 July 2010, Manuel Mommertz wrote:
> > calucaltions where wrong and why correct a not used code?. For the planed
> > rewrite for 4.6 I can reintroduce this in a clean way. No Problem. But as
>
> but i don't think swapping left and right in the rtl mode is actually a
> clean way, since is not how layouts work

This 'clean' was meant more general. How to do it in detail has to be
determined and of cause will be discussed with you before commiting it. So let
us speak about this in a seperate 'how to do the rework of systray painting'-
thread if i start to investigate in this, ok?

> > we are on this, one question: Should there be a seperator in case right
> > easment is used? I would do it, as the background would change to (if the
> > theme has one...)
>
> not for now, we can think about it if we'll use it some day

I know your opinion. Just was interested in aarons one. :)

So to summerize:
We ship the current state without right easment support with 4.5.
I start to look at how I would do systray painting soon, try some code, maybe
do some demonstration graphics and start a thread here to discuss the details
so we can get a solution that is fine for everyone. Ok?

Cheers
Manuel Mommertz