definitions and package for plasma on meego

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 13 22:28:37 CEST 2010

On July 13, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> > * build instructions for MeeGo
>
> i can wipe out my sdk and start a build from scratch, annotating each step
> one has to do after the chroot is set up to get at least kdelibs and
> kdebase working.

that would be pure awesome.

> > * tarballs they can download with the relevant sources (could be just a
> > list of links to existing tarballs we release)
>
> yep, that one is easy :)
>
> > * lists of files/libraries that end up being installed as part of kdelibs
> > and runtime on MeeGo
>
> uhm, everything, every so, header and so forth?

i don't think we need to worry about headers (that's a development system
thing, right?), but just what would end up on a target system. so, libraries,
.desktop files, etc.

> > * documentation of the MeeGo profiles (tablet, mobile) that go into
> > kdelibs
>
> do we already have plasma running on a limited profie?

i did some work along with kevin to make that happen. there is more work to do
(e.g. making kio optional in libplasma), but we're getting there.

> i fear the time is really tight and we should have stuff ready "for
> yesterday" something that we really need is a set of meego packages of
> 4.5, or the current trunk, or whatever.

yes, but we don't have that. so we need to just document the current state and
keep that up to date as we progress.

humru othro a kohnu se