Scrollbars in add widget ui

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Mon Jul 12 17:12:01 CEST 2010

On 12/07/2010 16:34, Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> Hi Aurélien!
>
> 2010/7/11 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau at canonical.com>:
>> I have been playing a bit with the Add Widget UI on the plane back from
>> Akademy and replaced the scroll buttons with a scrollbar. Attached patch is
>> a first step at it, largely unfinished as I would like to know if you are
>> interested in getting this integrated before I finish it.
>
> Scrollbars are good improvements. I'm just a little bit unsure that it
> may not work well with touch oriented interfaces (like the ones we
> tested plasma during Tokamak4). While scrollbars are great to give you
> an idea of "position" in the list, it doesn't work very well to
> actually scroll with the fingers.

That's a problem indeed. Are Plasma widgets affected by the application
global strut? I used to work for a company where we implemented a
touch-screen application back in the days, and increasing the global
strut made quite a few widgets bigger, thus easier to use. This might
cause some space issues if it gets too big though.

Aurélien