Activity identicons v 1.99 :) (post-akademy)

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:16:04 CEST 2010

> me realy does not care much as long as we have something that looks pretty and
> is easy to recognize by the user, i proposed to do those icons because wen I
> saw how our Chani chose random icons to represent them, i had my typical "your
> icons look soo ugly used like that" feeling...  so I proposed

> , what if i do a batch of consistent icons that a user can choose form that
> don't look terribly wrong together?

Well, you already promised to do that :)

> thumbnails can work just as well its a

Thumbnails are not a real option because of technical difficulties and
(un)usefulness.
1. See prev mail
2. Even if we add windows into thumbs (and not only plasma's look) -
compare a thumbnail of kmail to a thumb of akregator (and a lot of
other programs). There is no significant difference (thumbs need to be
rather small). And, the thumbs would be constantly changing which is
*bad*.
3. What when there are more screens?

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard