Activity identicons v 1.99 :) (post-akademy)

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Mon Jul 12 12:04:42 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010 11:55:50 Marco Martin wrote:
> unfortunately, i see that having something already done is often enough to
> make people not wanting to use those

Maybe it should be easily discoverable what Activities actually are.

Maybe I'm uninformed, but I see them as virtual desktops with individual
Plasmoid setups.
Plasma in SC 4.4 had a quirky GUI for selecting activities, but at least
showed thumbnails of them. In 4.5 thumbnails were replaced with random
patterns and I still don't see the benefit of pattern over thumbnails.