notifications, again :D

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:33:18 CET 2010

On Saturday 30 January 2010, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Diego Moya <turingt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've prepared a storyboard with my concept for notification popups
> > (explained in my previous post):
> >
> > http://megaswf.com/view/c72134c5318f9aee8cfe2b3a99c3fa0a.html
> >
> > I've changed my original "group" idea to a "pile": several popups get
> > visibly piled at the same place. This doesn't take much space, and
> > still shows how many simultaneous alerts arrive.
>
> Almost exactly what I had in mind! =)
>
> I think we can still save some space here and there, but this is
> already a great start.
> I will draw a mockup as soon as I find some time.

right now in trunk there is a really similar implementation.
and i thik is pretty much the best possible giving
a) something that looks like that and uses less space possible
b) looks really familiar (the same stacked effect  that extenderitems have)
c) has the most simple possible code using plasma api and reiplementing the
less possible from scratch, so uses only on Plasma::Dialog, the same widget
for individual notifications etc...
d) many animation, yay!

dificult to really explain it, but i'll do a screencast soon :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin