T4: Local stuff

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:25:16 CET 2010

On Saturday 30 January 2010, Will Stephenson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Some things to think about:
>
> Open Tokamak:
> We talked about this a bit yesterday on irc, can we do this on Monday
> afternoon/evening so that SUSE staff can be there, and external people can
> attend talks after they finish work?
>
> Infrastructure:
> We have a camera/mic setup here to record talks and of course projectors to
> give them.

cool!
i would love the talks to be published. it would give a very public face to
tokamak, with the twofold effect of sparkling interest into KDE and Plasma
into people and to tell to anyone that could sponsor Tokamak "see? it's well
worth it!" :)

> We also have a usability lab (split screen testing workstation and eye
> tracker).  Would you be interested in making use of this?  Or would it be a
> distraction from hacking?  Usability work usually involves external test
> subjects.

i think this would be invaluable, I would really love a proper usability test
of the netbook thinghie and of the notifications i'm working on now.

> Since Marco is taking care of the small screen devices, I'll point out that
> there is a large flat screen display in the rooms that could be used for
> the '10 foot' media device Plasma interfaces.

sigh, right now is just missing someone to pick up the project where it is now
:/ hope to trick someone of the 25 people that will be there into that  :p
I will be happy to continue to mentor it, actualy picking it up a big no no
for now, i would need more clones :((

> Socials:
> We (openSUSE) are going to sponsor a dinner.  I couldn't get veggie
> friendly food for 25 organised during the first weekend due to the organic
> trade fair that is in town at the same time so it is on Tuesday 23rd Feb.
>
> On the Saturday night I suggest we go to a large thai buffet place, it is
> in the same block as the SUSE building and meets our dietary requirements.
>
> The Guest House accommodation for the Friday and Saturday nights is out of
> town (couldn't be helped) so it would help us to have an idea where
> everyone will be on Friday afternoon/evening.  I have the event space at
> SUSE booked from Friday so you can use that as you arrive, and either come
> straight there and check in at the Guest House later or drop off your
> stuff and then come into town.  There is a regular bus service, takes
> about 25 minutes, I'll put details on the wiki, or a taxi would cost about
> 10 euro.
>
> At Nightrose's instigation I have added a late KDE 4.4 Release Party/End of
> Tokamak night to the list for the Thursday night in a local bar.   Of
> course there are lots of other social options for the rest of the week.
>
> If you have any other needs or questions, just ask.

not at the moment.
just a big you rock dude! :D

Cheers,
Marco Martin