T4: Local stuff

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sat Jan 30 11:47:43 CET 2010

Hi all

Some things to think about:

Open Tokamak:
We talked about this a bit yesterday on irc, can we do this on Monday
afternoon/evening so that SUSE staff can be there, and external people can
attend talks after they finish work?

Infrastructure:
We have a camera/mic setup here to record talks and of course projectors to
give them.

We also have a usability lab (split screen testing workstation and eye
tracker).  Would you be interested in making use of this?  Or would it be a
distraction from hacking?  Usability work usually involves external test
subjects.

Since Marco is taking care of the small screen devices, I'll point out that
there is a large flat screen display in the rooms that could be used for the
'10 foot' media device Plasma interfaces.

Socials:
We (openSUSE) are going to sponsor a dinner.  I couldn't get veggie friendly
food for 25 organised during the first weekend due to the organic trade fair
that is in town at the same time so it is on Tuesday 23rd Feb.

On the Saturday night I suggest we go to a large thai buffet place, it is in
the same block as the SUSE building and meets our dietary requirements.

The Guest House accommodation for the Friday and Saturday nights is out of
town (couldn't be helped) so it would help us to have an idea where everyone
will be on Friday afternoon/evening.  I have the event space at SUSE booked
from Friday so you can use that as you arrive, and either come straight there
and check in at the Guest House later or drop off your stuff and then come
into town.  There is a regular bus service, takes about 25 minutes, I'll put
details on the wiki, or a taxi would cost about 10 euro.

At Nightrose's instigation I have added a late KDE 4.4 Release Party/End of
Tokamak night to the list for the Thursday night in a local bar.   Of course
there are lots of other social options for the rest of the week.

If you have any other needs or questions, just ask.

Will