Remote applets

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:43:29 CET 2010

Recently on IRC someone pointed out that Remote Applets aren't working as
they should and the plasmoidviewer --list-remote ain't working either. For
plasmoidviewer, it was two changed SIGNAL names which I've fixed (patch
attached). Now, plasmoidviewer is able to list the remote applets, but i'm
not able to test if adding actually works.
I tried to share an applet on a 4.4 RC2 system and tried to add it to my
machine (running trunk) but after sometime plasma-desktop crashed. Here is
the terminal output for plasma-desktop http://pastebin.com/m2f8bb5ca and
backtrace at http://pastebin.com/m103e1a99 . Further, I don't know how to
tell plasmoidviewer to load a remote applet.
As I was not able to check it successfully, I was wondering if the the patch
is OK to commit ?

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com