Adding icons on the taskbar by javascript scripting

Nicolas Lécureuil nlecureuil at mandriva.com
Sat Jan 23 16:51:54 CET 2010

Le Vendredi 22 Janvier 2010 21:37:57, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> On January 22, 2010, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> > var panel = new Panel()
> > panel.addWidget("icon")
> >
> > this add an empty icon
> >
> > Is there a way to add a link ?
>
> probably something like:
>
> var icon = panel.addWidget("icon")
> icon.writeConfig("Url", "path_to_whatever_the_icon_should_represent")
>
> does that do what you want/need?
>
> note that i just backported a fix for the icon widget that you will need to
> get for this to have any change of working without restarting plasma.
> (implemented configChanged())
Hi,

thank you this is exactly what i need but it seems there is a pb, i added the
patch you speak about ( commit 1078764 ), and in my js file i added :

var panel = new Panel()
if (!panel) {
    exit()
}

panel.location = "bottom"
panel.height = "46"
panel.addWidget("simplelauncher")
panel.addWidget("notifier")
panel.addWidget("showdesktop")
var icon = panel.addWidget("icon")
icon.writeConfig("Url", "/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop")

The first widgets are created without pbs  but for the icon is still created
blank and i see nothing about firefox on the plasma config files .

--
Cordialement,
Nicolas Lécureuil