configChanged()

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 19 08:46:14 CET 2010

*sigh*

so i realized with a start this evening that virtually none of our Plasmoids
implement configChanged(). this means that the plasma-desktop js scripting is
going to be nearly useless with most of them in terms of setting the
configuration for them (without a plasma restart, of course).

for applets that reimplement restore(KConfigGroup &config) it's probably all
good, though restore really shouldn't be reimplemented in the common case.

it looks like one of our janitorial endeavors for 4.5 will be to consolidate
the configuration reading that goes on in plasmoids into configChanged().

fun.

(i did the system tray tonight so it will work for Riddell's needs, so that's
at least one down ;)

humru othro a kohnu se