plasma-overlay contextmenu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 20:41:58 CET 2010

On January 5, 2010, Chani wrote:
> so... when I was doing my mouse plugins project this summer, I kinda
> neglected the screensaver. this meant that right-clicking on
> plasma-overlay's containment stopped working - not a huge loss, as
> everything but the wallpaper plugin's actions are in the cashew already.
>
> I went and fixed it anyways yesterday just to make things more consistent -
> but I haven't committed, because it involved creating a new plugin. a very
> tiny plugin without any translatable strings in the code, but it does have
> a .desktop file and that'll get sucked into scripty.
>
> so, an i18n question and a code question:
> -can I get away with adding a .desktop file this late in 4.4?

you need to ask on kde-doc-english at kde.org; explain that it's a bug /
regression fix and they will probably be OK with it. probably bonus points if
it uses a string that's already translated elsewhere in the .desktop files?
also note to them that it won't be seen in the UI either so having it
untranslated isn't a killer.

> -anyone know what to put in that .desktop file to make it not show in
> plasma- desktop's mouse plugin list?

NoDisplay=true, but then that dialog needs to check for that as well. which is
doesn't, but will in a moment ;)

humru othro a kohnu se