Tokamak4 Attendance, LAST CALL

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 19:47:28 CET 2010

Hi,

Mardi, le 5 janvier 2010, à 14:02, John Layt a écrit:
> On Tuesday 05 January 2010 11:26:27 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Please everybody who's planning to attend Tokamak4, to be held from 19th
> > - 26th February at the openSuse premises in Nuremberg, Germany, do the
> > following:

Finally using Plasma/the KDE4 Platform as my all-day environment and having
made my hands recently dirty with the Bookmarks applet [B] I would like to
come, too, as I have some Kicker applets I would like to port/redo (e.g. the
Khalkhi [K] stuff) and would certainly gain a lot from face2face
support/cooperation.

Also account as +1 for the "New" category ;)

[B] http://frinring.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/plasma-bookmarks-widget-now-with-
custom-base-folders/
[K] http://frinring.wordpress.com/category/khalkhi/

> I had hoped to make it to discuss/code improvements to the calendar widget,
> especially holidays and pim integration via akonadi, but the weekend is out
> for me.  I may be able to make it from Monday onwards, but I won't know
>  that for a couple more weeks, so I'll make my own arrangements.  Will
>  anyone else interested in the calendar/holidays/pim still be around during
>  the week?

I would be. While I have close to no experience with Akonadi and Date data, I
also have the desire to get personal dates into the Calendar widget. Even
more, I would like to try to get something like Sleek [S], once a SoC for KDE
3, started again. So while the UI might be different there will be at least
the same backend to be conquered for us :)

[S] http://commit-digest.org/issues/2006-08-27/

Cheers
Friedrich
--