how can I access DataEngines from JavaScript in the Web Plasmoids?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 10:45:17 CET 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 00:54:53 Patrick Aljord wrote:
> > but if the world goes "all in" on the web technology
> > boat 100% we will be in a world of pain as time goes on.
>
> I don't think so, stuff like canvas, web sockets, fast js engines,
> webgl or even native client will turn the browser into a powerful
> platform not only for traditional web apps but I guess time will tell.

It doesn't address one important design principle in the least: Separating content
from layout and logic. The web fails here today, and none of these new technologies
suggests that it won't in the future.

And if it's not WebGL, then we'll just get more flash apps, and maybe other
proprietary runtimes in the future.

Where's this separation of data and presentation? Where's the semantic web that's
been talked about for 10 years? Seriously, today's web sucks, and it doesn't look
good for tomorrow's.
--
sebas