n+1st report about arrow keys in krunner

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 28 09:36:10 CET 2010

On February 27, 2010, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> If (and only if) pressing Down without any further entry in the history,
> then it could move the focus to the first entry in the list.

yes, this is sensible imho. it will be annoying in some cases (moving through
the history and hitting the bottom) but probably less so than the current
situation.

> The first entry is already focused, we should probably rather move to the
> second one; Once the second one has been focused,  what happens if i hit
> Up? should I return focus to the lineedit?

this implies one can not "wrap around" to the bottom from the top entry. but
that's not a bad thing as the current wrapping is pretty unhelpful and even
hard to understand what just happened.

> This would basically bind focus
> on the first item with focus of the lineedit. Would this actually work?

i think so. let's try it out in trunk.

humru othro a kohnu se