Plasma and newcomers

Sean suseux at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:03:13 CET 2010

I agree about the documentation, perhaps I can help here?

http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma seems to be a bit..... hmm well, inconsistent
and here are some ideas:

1. We should show the default desktop theme and wallpaper(clearly not the
case on the website).

2. We should drop terms like "cashew" . What's wrong with giving things one
clear name? Wrench or spanner? Cashew or Toolbox? Widget, applet or
plasmoid?

3. Show images of what  you're referring to and make sure they're consistent
looking, i.e Are using the default theme, no custom stuff here.

4. Don't show third part apps anywhere. We're showing people KDE SC after
all.

Regards ,

Sean