JavaScript plasmoid problems

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 03:15:08 CET 2010

On February 14, 2010, Knuckles wrote:
> Hello there. I'm trying myself in js plasmoid development. Right now I'm
> stuck with 2 things.
> 1. print() complains with "TypeError: Result of expression 'print'
> [true] is not a function". I've read Aaron's Seigo explanation about
> non-string argument to print, but I really do pass just a string. Just
> like this: print("test"). And it still complains. Why? And by the way,
> it's really always possible to convert a value into a string. For
> example TraceMonkey would output "[object Object]" if I write something
> like this: print({}); It is not an option to stop the whole program with
> such an inadequate message.

a few people seem to be having issues with print() and .. ah! crap, apparently
the 4.4.0 tagging happened before a particular fix was committed :/

i thought it was in the tag, but apparently not *sigh*

it is fixed in the 4.4 branch, however, so 4.4.1 (or builds of the current
branch) will have it working.

> 2. include() seems to be broken too. I get "Reference error: Can't find
> variable: include".

that's plasmoid.include("foo")

humru othro a kohnu se