Subject: Re: plasmate alpha1 release

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 22:31:02 CET 2010

On February 2, 2010, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) wrote:
> We need to add a dataEngine and runner templates in Javascript, as well a
> runner template written in ruby but, up to now, i didn't find any example
> in order to write good templates fot that. Hints ?

the javascript DataEngine and Runner APIs are not documented. unless someone
else get to it, they won't be before 4.5 is out. which is ok, since those
Javascript APIs have known (at least to me ;) deficiencies in 4.4. those are
really more 4.5 targets.

but i can quite easily provide templates for both, and really should be adding
such things to kdeexamples anyways.

> And theme support is still unavailable, in this current state.

theme support would be fairly easy to add, as far as packaging goes, but it
will still require an external tool such as Inkscape for the forseeable
future. so it will never be "perfect" for theming, it really would be just
more of a packaging and previewing tool. i wonder if a purpose-built tool just
for making theme packages wouldn't be better. what do you think of dropping
themes from the target use cases?

> Furthermore, IMO, we should make PlasMate project-centric, for a couple of

agreed

humru othro a kohnu se