Idea: Window management for 4.5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:03:29 CET 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010, Emdek wrote:
> On 01-02-2010 at 00:43:18 Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> icon

> >> I mean that (if user enable option to connect notifications with tasks)
> >> when there is new notification, then icon (own if cannot be connected
> >> with
> >> window or that shared with task entry) starts for example blinking and
> >> notification (as widget with information) is shown after clicking on
> >> icon
> >> or on entry in it's context menu.
> >> This is only idea for my applet, and it may be changed during
> >> implementation phase.
> >
> > having to click to read the notification would fail very, very badly if
> > it was
> > the "your computer will suspend in ten seconds" notification. :)
>
> Sure.
> Is there notification property that defines it's importance level?
> Then these could be shown in different way, for example fully visible from
> start or more aggressive icon animation etc.

the problem is that there isn't. (probably if there was it would have been
badly abused by the apps btw)
for who displays all of them have the same importance and there is no way to
distinguish..
all we can do is some euristic like "oh, this one seems to talk about power
management"

Cheers,
Marco Martin