Automatic activity switching and other stuff -- thoughts for 4.7

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Dec 19 10:05:44 CET 2010

Hi,

First of all, I'd avoid automatic switching unless explicitly requested by the user (aka, don't automatically switch to work-tagged activity when Alice arrives at work
unless she somehow requested that she wants it to switch automatically in that case).

As for the other stuff - the tagging can go via Nepomuk - activities are (some basic info like icon and description) stored in it. The usage statistics will not be
stored in Nepomuk, but most probably Zeitgeist. (nepomuk will hold summarized stats instead of each event).

The tags on places, whatever and activities should (IMO) only be used for sorting the activities when presenting them to the user in the A.M.

If you want auto-switching, I'd rather go (if you decide to use Nepomuk) for direct link between a place and an activity. Tags can be ambiguous.

That's all for this mail.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
   -- Herm Albright